Thursday, April 08, 2021

2021/04/07 J. C. Cole: American Gray Swans – April 2021 #1 71 Years Ago April 8th Ethics, Peace Intelligence

 



Not many Americans know that Thursday, April 8th will be the 71st anniversary of the first loss of life for the Americans during the Cold War. It was the shootdown of a Navy surveillance plane off the coast of Latvia.


As many readers know I was the President of the American Chamber of Commerce in Latvia and a real-estate investor. My partners and I had renovated the largest building of its type in the 3 Baltic states known as Jacob’s Barracks Link. It was a 200 yard long 1750’s military barracks originally ordered built by Peter the Great, Czar of Russia. I became the landlord of the American & Italian Ambassadors Residence, and the European Commission and Royal Netherlands Embassies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing!

Including link: https://blogs.loc.gov/

"I thought this was simply a  nursery rhyme:  how could one bake living birds in a pie? I discovered that royalty and the upper class, ...