Saturday, May 17, 2014
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 41,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
HARLEYSVILLE, Pa. (AP) - If man's best friend is a dog, then who is a dog's best friend? That would be Rover. Or Glow. Or Ivan or Raina.
The four canines recently donated precious pints of blood to their fellow pooches. And they did it without having to travel far from home: They visited an animal bloodmobile.
Similar to the Red Cross vehicles for humans, the University of Pennsylvania's traveling veterinary lab goes to where the donors are to make it easier to give.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/living/pets/20140514_ap_eb8dfc69dd7d4557b32c38d285c9e7de.html#o3A5PCpGlotSgO4f.99
Thanks to Nelson Herefords Burwell, NE Landri J. not only has heifers that show pretty, they function like a cow. Della calves last night at 23 months of age.
As a 6 th generation United States farmer, I have had my fill of people talking about “humanely raised meat” when they don’t have a clue...