Monday, June 11, 2007

Margie,
I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am with banning
animals from the fair. This sends a message that animals are not to be
part of agriculture. In addition, 4-H's aninimal projects provide a
wonderful educational opportunity to learn proper care and management of
animals. I would point out that it is my understanding that we do not have
laws banning animal agriculture. Banning animals at the fair is it appears
a start to banning animals from the food chain. This effort to ban animals
from public view is giving in to a very small portion of the public. I
hope this unfortunate effort to force the public toward becoming
vegetarians will not succeed.

W. Terry Howard, PhD and P.A.S.
Professor Emeritus
University of Wisconsin-Madison
442 Agnes Drive
Madison, WI 53711

No comments:

Including link: https://blogs.loc.gov/

"I thought this was simply a  nursery rhyme:  how could one bake living birds in a pie? I discovered that royalty and the upper class, ...