Wednesday, January 13, 2021

John F Kennedy Jan 1960

One hundred years ago, when this state was founded, the people who came here worried about their farms. Now we have to concern ourselves with the whole globe around us. The United States is the great defender of freedom. If we fail, the cause of freedom fails. If we succeed, the cause of freedom succeeds. I ask you to join me, not only in maintaining the vitality of this state and country, but also in joining in a great effort to protect freedom around the globe. In the American Revolution, Thomas Payne said, "The cause of America is the cause of all mankind." I think in 1960 the cause of all mankind is the cause of America.

No comments:

Including link: https://blogs.loc.gov/

"I thought this was simply a  nursery rhyme:  how could one bake living birds in a pie? I discovered that royalty and the upper class, ...