Monday, January 20, 2014

On a day the nation celebrates Martin Luther King Jr. the President of the United States says what?

"Now, the flip side of it is there are some black folks and maybe some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I'm a black president," Obama said in his most direct comments on how race has affected his political standing since he's been in office.


Meanwhile Martin Luther King Jr. said

  • Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.
    -- "Letter from Birmingham Jail," April 16, 1963
 

No comments:

Including link: https://blogs.loc.gov/

"I thought this was simply a  nursery rhyme:  how could one bake living birds in a pie? I discovered that royalty and the upper class, ...