Monday, November 12, 2007



Bill Nienhueser from Concordia, MO showed up during the 4th Annual Houston E. Mull cattle drive and wanted to ride "11" the pink mule. Even though the shadows in this picture make him look black she had a pink mane and tail. Bill is 88 years old and I was very reluctant to let him get on 11. He told me I was one of 11 survivors in my unit on D-Day you think I am afraid of this pink mule?

My thanks to Bill and all other WWII veterans for their efforts. The statistics say we are losing 1000 of them every day. I hope you take the chance to visit with every WWII veteran you get the opportunity to do so.

Okay here I am riding "11" carrying the U.S. Flag that flew at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq on Oct. 1, 2007. I carried that flag 30 miles leading the Cattle Drive reminding everyone of the efforts the United States take to protect our freedom.

No comments:

Including link: https://blogs.loc.gov/

"I thought this was simply a  nursery rhyme:  how could one bake living birds in a pie? I discovered that royalty and the upper class, ...