Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The dawn of New Year from final 2013 High Plains Journal column


2014 must be about preventing erosion

By Trent Loos
There is no doubt that the end of the year is cause for us to individually pause and reflect. It truly set me on a specific educational theme for the coming year.
Straight out of the reality TV show "Duck Dynasty," Phil Robertson has accomplished more in awakening the sleeping giant than anything that happened all year. Whether you agree with what he said or not (which I happen to believe whole-heartedly), you absolutely must be concerned with how he was treated for speaking his mind.
As a person who spends a fair amount of time daily in the media world, I have had this growing concern (even in ag media) about how the information is presented based upon how the sponsor will view the words spoken. I doubt I have to tell you that I do not waste any time thinking about how my sponsor may consider what I say, and quite frankly I think it has given me a niche in the marketplace.
Link to whole story in the High Plains Journal.

No comments:

Including link: https://blogs.loc.gov/

"I thought this was simply a  nursery rhyme:  how could one bake living birds in a pie? I discovered that royalty and the upper class, ...